Laravel 8 Tutorial for Beginner: Create your First To-Do App
We will cover how to install Laravel and how to develop your first app in Laravel for beginners in this Laravel tutorial. You may now simply learn Laravel without having to watch any Laravel video series or tutorials. This laravel tutorial will teach all of the important ideas in simple language so that you may learn and comprehend laravel quickly.
Laravel is an attractive, expressive, and versatile PHP framework that bills itself as “the PHP framework for web craftsmen” because of its emphasis on clean code and speed. Taylor Otwell designed a free and open source PHP framework based on the Model View Controller (MVC) architecture.
Developing a web application from the ground up might be intimidating, especially if you are a novice. A simple web application has a variety of little and large elements, and building those pieces each time you build a web app can be tedious and repetitive, so there’s no use in spinning the wheel. Laravel comes to your rescue at this point.
The Laravel framework includes a number of PHP libraries and auxiliary functions that can help you focus on the more critical aspects of your project while also offering common methods and logic to speed up and simplify development.
There is a learning curve at first, especially if you are a newcomer with no prior expertise with a web framework. But trust me when I say that once you get into it, you will not only love it, but you will get hooked to it. Laravel strives towards innovation in development. The term ‘Web Artisan’ is used to describe the creative element of the developer’s personality. As a result, the application is more efficient, with less lines of code and well-designed code.
I developed this laravel tutorial with a novice audience in mind to make it easy for you to understand. As a result, you will find it simple to follow this laravel tutorial.
What should you know before diving into our Laravel tutorial?
- HTML/CSS (Of course!)
- Basic PHP knowledge is required.
- Intermediate PHP — Although this is somewhat optional, if you have the time, understand some intermediate concepts such as PHP OOP, abstraction, and so on.
- Perseverance — Basic understanding of the MVC Framework Even while Laravel is simple to learn, it will put your patience to the test at times. At the very least, I ran into some difficulties because I knew PHP but had no experience with frameworks. Even while I was studying the framework and successfully completing projects, I was perplexed by the MVC Framework’s core underlying notions. I didn’t give up, though.
- C’mon, web building is enjoyable! At the very least, Laravel made it fun. It’s best to take your time and enjoy the learning process.
Laravel Tutorial: Creating a Simple CRUD To-Do Application
Practice is the most effective way to learn programming. Thus, with the aid of this Laravel tutorial, we will understand basic ideas of Laravel by creating a simple To-Do Laravel Web App that will do the following functions.
- The online app allows you to register and login.
- You may add things to your to-do list, as well as edit and delete them.
- Because your list is only available to you, it uses email id and password authentication.
Exploring Directory Structure
The Model-View-Controller architecture design pattern is used in Laravel applications.
- Models describe database entities and assist you in querying and returning data from the database.
- Views are the pages that will appear when the app is opened. The View Component is used to create the application’s user interface.
- Controllers manage user requests, pulling data from models and passing it to Views. Controllers conduct business logic and incoming requests as an intermediate between Model and View Components.
I hope that this Laravel tutorial helped you understand the fundamental concepts of Laravel and inspired you to learn more.